To ensure efficient handling of your luggage at the airport and on arrival in Val d’Isère, you are strongly advised to use our bright yellow luggage labels, which are available from the YSE Ace Handling representative at check-in at Gatwick. Please write your name and chalet clearly on the labels.
Luggage on our YSE flight is limited to 20kg hold baggage and 5kg hand baggage (maximum dimensions 43 x 28 x 23cm – please note this has changed) per person. No single item of luggage may exceed 23kg (if you are planning to share a suitcase); therefore two people could have a combined total baggage weight of 40kg, one of 17kg and the other of 23kg. Of course, you can take more than one bag but the total must be no more than 20kg per person.
Ski boots and snowboard boots can be included in your checked in baggage if they are packed into a suitcase (where they will be weighed and become part of your baggage allowance) or in a ski boot bag. Officially, even if in a ski boot bag, they will be weighed and form part of your baggage allowance. In practice, so long as they are in their own boot bag and you don’t put anything else in that bag other than ski boots, they will be weighed for plane weight purposes but won’t be included in your 20kg allowance.
In addition to the above you may take a set of skis or a snowboard (free of charge) as long as these are in their own separate bag that does not contain other items such as clothing or other equipment and only contains one pair of skis or a snowboard per bag. Any ski or snowboard bag that combines the skis/snowboard with clothing etc. will be weighed along with other hold baggage.
People who bring excess baggage (ie. over 20kg per person) should know that they may be charged £13 per kg, or that their bags might be refused.
Infants under 2 are entitled to 10kg of baggage allowance but no hand baggage. Pushchairs or baby car seats are carried free of charge (but not both). Car seats must be a maximum of 16″ wide with a quick-release 5 point harness if being used in a airplane seat (please contact us to see if a flight seat is available for your baby). Please note there are only lap belts on our transfer coaches.
Please note that these baggage restrictions are not laid down by YSE but by Tui Airways. They may be different from information on the Tui Airways website about other Tui flights.
IMPORTANT HAND LUGGAGE REGULATIONS
Each passenger may carry one item of hand baggage up to 5kg, with maximum dimensions of 43 x 28 x 23cm. These dimensions include wheels, handles, side pockets, etc. Within your hand baggage you can carry small quantities of liquids if:
- they are in individual containers no larger than 100ml (3.5 fluid oz).
- the container(s) are carried within one transparent re-sealable or zip-top plastic bag with a capacity not exceeding 20cm x 20cm. You are responsible for providing your own re-sealable plastic bag.
- the contents of the plastic bag must fit comfortably, they must be easily visible, and cannot be packed on top of each other. The bag must be completely closed.
- water and other drinks, soups, syrups.
- creams, lotions and oils.
- gels, including hair and shower gels.
- contents of pressurised containers, including shaving foam, other foams and deodorants.
- pastes, including toothpaste.
- liquid-solid mixtures.
- any other items of similar consistency.
Hand luggage can include:
- electronic equipment including mobile phones, digital cameras and MP3 players (such as iPods).
- prescription medicines in liquid form, eg. diabetic kit.
- baby milk and liquid baby food (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger).
- laptop (must be removed from the bag for x-ray).
Once in the departure lounge passengers may purchase any item in any store and take it onto the aircraft as normal.
AVALANCHE AIR BAGS AND AIR BAG SYSTEMS
Many of our guests have enquired about taking air bags on our Gatwick-Lyon-Gatwick flight. The following information is supplied by Tui Airways:
“Passengers may take an avalanche rescue backpack equipped with a pyrotechnic trigger mechanism containing no more than 200mg net of Division 1.4S and a cylinder of compressed non-toxic, non-flammable gas not exceeding 250ml. One air bag per person is permitted. This can be accepted as carry-on baggage or checked-in hold baggage. Note: the backpack must be packed in such a manner that it cannot accidentally be activated. The airbags within the backpack must be fitted with pressure relief valves.”
Please call the YSE office to let us know you will be taking an avalanche pack on a YSE flight. You will also need to notify Tui Airways and we will give you the number to call. We would prefer you to call Tui yourself because you will have all the correct details for your particular pack.
On your day of travel, please be sure to mention to the check-in staff if you are travelling with such an item.