Please check the website of the airline with whom you book your flights so that you are totally sure of the baggage allowance that is either included in the flight price, or that you have booked through paying a supplement. Some airlines charge extra for boots and/or skis but if you are travelling with boots alone, just pack them into a small holdall and book them as an additional bag (rather than ski boots) and you will save money!
IMPORTANT HAND LUGGAGE REGULATIONS WHICH APPLY TO ALL AIRLINES:
Check the dimensions of any hand luggage that your airline permits.
Within your hand baggage you can carry small quantities of liquids if:
- they are in individual containers no larger than 100ml (3.5 fluid oz).
- the container(s) are carried within one transparent re-sealable or zip-top plastic bag with a capacity not exceeding 20cm x 20cm. You are responsible for providing your own re-sealable plastic bag.
- the contents of the plastic bag must fit comfortably, they must be easily visible, and cannot be packed on top of each other. The bag must be completely closed.
- water and other drinks, soups, syrups.
- creams, lotions and oils.
- gels, including hair and shower gels.
- contents of pressurised containers, including shaving foam, other foams and deodorants.
- pastes, including toothpaste.
- liquid-solid mixtures.
- any other items of similar consistency.
Hand luggage can include:
- electronic equipment including mobile phones, digital cameras and MP3 players (such as iPods).
- prescription medicines in liquid form, e.g. diabetic kit.
- baby milk and liquid baby food (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger).
- laptop (must be removed from the bag for x-ray).
Once in the departure lounge passengers may purchase any item in any store and take it onto the aircraft as normal.
AVALANCHE AIR BAGS AND AIR BAG SYSTEMS
If you intend bringing any kind of air bag on the flights you have booked, you must check with your airline regarding their policy on carrying these items. This is different for every airline.