It is a condition that you and your party obtain suitable Wintersports Insurance from a reputable provider, which must include at least : –
- Emergency Medical Expenses Must include, among other costs, mountain rescue, ambulance charges and repatriation.
- Cancellation or Curtailment Cancelling or cutting short your holiday. The YSE Coronavirus Guarantee will cover you for specific Coronavirus-related situations, but there are MANY OTHER REASONS why you may need to cancel your holiday and you must be covered for these once your holiday is confirmed.
- Personal Liability To include, among other liabilities, damage caused by your negligence and your party’s negligence to the property in which you are staying. It should not include a clause which restricts actions being taken by a travelling companion other than family, and must include contractual liability of the party leader for the actions of his or her party.
- Travel and Transfer Delays Must include any additional costs incurred in the event of a delay.
- Mountain Rescue Must be included in the policy in particular for off-piste skiing with or without a guide as it is possible to ski off-piste inadvertently. It must also include any other activities you are likely to do during your holiday such as, but not limited to, ice skating or toboganning.
- The policy must cover the period from the date of booking to the last day of your trip and may not have a clause allowing the insurer to cancel except in exceptional circumstances e.g. fraud and misrepresentation.
Note:- There are also other sections to a Wintersports Insurance policy such as Baggage, Legal Expenses, Personal Accident and so on.
In the event that you fail to obtain suitable Wintersports Insurance we shall not be liable for any costs incurred or claims made against us due to your failure to comply with this term.
Many skiers do not even know whether they have helicopter rescue or third-party liability cover. Not taking the former can cost you a lot of money; not having the latter could ruin you.