It is a condition that you and your party obtain suitable Wintersports Insurance, from a reputable provider, which must at least include the following: –
- Emergency Medical Expenses including, amongst other costs; mountain rescue, ambulance charges and repatriation
- Cancellation of your trip or Curtailment cutting short your trip, including cover for the FCO advising against travel to France and/or Val d’Isère.
- Personal Liability to include, amongst other liabilities; damage caused by your negligence and your party’s negligence to the property in which you are staying and may not include a clause which restricts actions being taken by a travelling companion other than family, and must include contractual liability of the party leader for the actions of his party
- Travel and transfer delays which must include amongst other costs, additional costs incurred in the event of a delay
- Mountain Rescue must be included in the policy and in particular for off piste skiing with or without a guide as it is possible to ski off piste inadvertently. It must also include any other activities you are likely to do during your holiday.
- The policy must cover the period from the date of booking to the last day of your trip and may not have a clause allowing the insurer to cancel except in exceptional circumstances e.g. fraud and misrepresentation.
Note:- There are also other sections to a Wintersports Insurance policy such as Baggage, Legal Expenses, Personal Accident and so on.
In the event that you fail to obtain suitable Wintersports Insurance we shall not be liable for any costs incurred or claims made against us due to your failure to comply with this term.
Our house broker MPI provides travel insurance that satisfies these booking conditions. Click on the link to be taken to their website.
Many skiers do not even know whether they have helicopter rescue or third-party liability cover. Not taking the former can cost you a lot of money; not having the latter could ruin you.